1. This fish has a flaky, oily flesh when cooked which is a very good source of Omega 3 fatty acids.
2. They have the highest omega-3 content of any white fish which makes it healthier among other fish.
3. It has a mild flavor, a soft buttery texture, and pearly white color
4. All-natural and certified sustainably sourced by Marine Stewardship Council (MSC)
5. Sablefish or black cod are a deep-sea species that live along the continental slope of North America.
6. Our black cod are gently caught using a longline. Longlining is a traditional fishing method and hasn’t really changed for generations.
Cooking Methods: Bake, grill, saute, pan-seared
• Black Cod cooks differently than most fish. Recommend to cook it hotter and longer than you may think to keep it from being too soft.
• Black Cod will “gap” when cooked. It’s totally normal but does not necessarily indicate doneness. Wait until fish flakes easily and is nicely browned.
• It is recommended to cook and marinate Black Cod in a glass pan. It is a delicate fish that can pick up a metallic flavor when cooked in a metal pan.
Source: USA and Canada