Collagen treatment for skin is recommended once you reach 30, but its health benefits are noticeable even when taken before, especially for slowing down the aging process.
How to Get Collagen in Your Diet
- • Bone broth: Collagen can be ingested with bone broth. You can choose to make your own by simmering bones for hours or try ready-made bone broth to get your sippable collagen fix, without the hassle.
- • Collagen Supplements: Collagen supplements are convenient and an easy way to get your collagen. Supplements usually feature more than one type of collagen for a multitude of benefits and even formulate in other skin loving nutrients, like Vitamin C, to give your skin a full and proper nutritional boost.
- • Collagen Powders & Drinks: If swalling collagen pills, or sipping savory bone broths isn't to your preference, opt for collagen powders or ready-made collagen drinks to get your daily dose of collagen. They're more easily absorbed by most individuals, and they taste delicious!
6 Reasons Why You Need Collagen
- • Slows down signs of aging. As we age, our collagen production begins to decrease. With collage supplementation, it allows your body to absorb the vital nutrient to reproduce. In effect, you gain reduced fine lines and wrinkles, along with smoother and tighter skin.
- • Aids in gut health. Collagen heals your gut lining and reduces intestinal inflammation. Sipping bone broth daily aids in many gut issues, improves digestion, and helps heal leaky gut syndrome.
- • Good for your joints. Collagen is found everywhere inside the human body. High concentrations are located in our joints and connective tissues, which is why collagen supplementation is ideal for preventing joint issues as we age.
- • Promotes weight loss. Collagen is an abundant protein inside your body. As a protein, it is convertible to energy and metabolism, as well as promoting a feeling of satisfaction and fullness which lessens hunger. Mix yourself a collagen drink next time you’re looking for a satisfying snack without packing in the calories.
- • Detoxification. Glycine, found in collagen, minimizes the damage your liver experiences when it absorbs foreign substances, and helps your body detoxify from toxic substances more efficiently.
- • Promotes good sleep. Collagen can help maximize the effects of your beauty sleep. It helps to lower blood pressure and relaxes the body into going into a deeper state of sleep. This is thanks to the high levels of glycine in collagen, which is known to calm the brain and mood, making it an all-natural sleep aid.