Procedure for the dough
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Create a well at the center. Pour in the beet juice or water and oil. Mix until well incorporated.
- Knead for 5-6 minutes or until there are no more signs of dry flour. The ball of dough will also be firm and will no longer stick to your hands.
- Flour your surface. Place the ball of dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces, each weighing 40-42 grams each. Shape each piece into a ball.
- Cover with a towel. Leave the balls to rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Flour your surface. Place a ball of dough on a flat surface.
- Roll the ball of dough until it’s 7-8 inches in diameter.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium high heat.
- Place the rolled out tortilla.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until small bubbles start to appear.
- Flip over and cook the remaining side for 1 minute or so.
- Remove from the pan and place on a plate. Cover the plate with a towel to prevent from drying.
Procedure for the tortilla bowls
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Brush some oil on your oven proof bowl. Carefully press the tortilla down on the bowl.
- Leave the tortilla to bake in the bowl for 12-15 minutes or until crunchy.
- Remove the tortilla from the bowl and leave it to cool for 4-5 minutes. It’ll continue to harden and get crunchier as it cools.
- Fill the tortilla bowl with chopped vegetables, chick’n sallopini, cheese and hummus.
- Finish off with some paprika and olive oil.