- Put the garlic, pork meat, peppercorns, soy sauce, and vinegars in a ziplock bag and marinate overnight or while you prep the other ingredients.
- Preheat the oven or oven toaster to 150C.
- Set a pot on medium heat with olive oil.
- Cook the meat without marinade. When meat is light brown, add marinade, water and bay leaves then bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer (covered) for 50 minutes.
- While the adobo is simmering, toss the oyster mushrooms in olive oil, a pinch of fresh thyme, salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes until crispy.
- Place another pot of water on high heat and bring to a boil. Have a bowl of cold water ready. Blanch the french beans for 30 seconds and shock it in the cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Add sweet potato in the pot of adobo and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve the Adobo topped with oyster mushrooms and french beans on the side. Garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme.